New Years Eve is just around the corner and it is time to gather with friends and family to celebrate. Why not have a cocktail party? This is a great way to get everyone together. All you need to do is plan out how everything will work out for this special occasion. Let’s think about what your decor will be…
You don’t need to go to the store and purchase a ton of things. Try and see what you can use that you already have. On Martha Stewart’s website she showed ways to create streamer decorations with leftover holiday paper shown below. Click on the photo below to view instructions.
Pick a color and use it as your theme. Make everyone wear that certain color to make it interesting. The room below uses a dazzling purple hue and the decor is very festive.
Now, nothing is a New Year’s party without wine or champagne! It’s always nice to provide your guest with something new that they may not have tried before. There are billions of drink combination that you can indulge in. Don’t hold back, be the amazing host that you are! Here is a few I found to keep the party going.
2 oz peach juice or peach puree
4 oz Champagne
1) Pour the peach juice or peach puree into a Champagne flute.
2) Slowly add the Champagne.
Rose Berry Bliss
1 bottle Clos du Bois Rosé, chilled
1 bag frozen blueberries
1 container frozen pink lemonade
1 liter lemon-lime soda
blueberries for garnish
1) In a large pitcher, mix the Clos du Bois Rosé, antioxidant-rich frozen blueberries and frozen pink lemonade together.
2) Allow the flavors to marry in the refrigerator for an hour.
3) Top with lemon-lime soda.
The last thing you need to arrange before the night begins is some delicious and appetizing food. What kind of food should you cater for your guest? Nothing to large, go for bite size pieces that look like you took some time to make. The food will show your guest your appreciation for them joining you on that night. Anything dipped in chocolate always seems to be a hit. Try this recipe.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
16oz milk chocolate chip
2 tablespoons shortening
1 lbs fresh strawberries with leaves
1) Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.
2) In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Holding them by the toothpicks, dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture.
3) Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into styrofoam for the chocolate to cool.
If you need some extra seating or decor to make your night special, remember that High Fashion Fabrics carry’s an array of rental items for your party.